Policy Statement Overview
This policy sets out how Shred-X Pty Ltd responsibility on collection, utilisation and disclosure of personal information.
Utilisation and Disclosure of your personal information
Shred-X discloses personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected or
- where the individual would reasonably expect this or
- where the individual has consented or
- for direct marketing by Shred-X, but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; Shred-X includes its contact details in any direct marketing
- Shred-X does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
- Shred-X will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
Collection of Personal Information
Shred-X will collect personal information as follows:
- your name, address and contact details
- your credit or debit account details
- user ID’s and passwords
- any goods or services provided to you
- records of your communications with Shred-X
- website usage information
The primary purpose of collecting your personal information is for Shred-X’s business and marketing operations, which includes providing the user with advice on Shred-X’s goods and services, communication interface, and business innovations.
Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for Shred-X’s operations
- by lawful and fair means
- where practicable, only from the individual concerned
Shred-X takes all reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the following provisions:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the organisations
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information
Collection of information other than personal information
WEBSITE SITE VISIT INFORMATION
Within the Shred-X website, there will be general information about access visits which may include server address, the date and time of access visit, the pages that are accessed, the information that has been downloaded and the type of Internet browser utilised. Shred-X may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to the browser for identification purposes. The cookies that Shred-X utilise may identify individual users.
Cookies can either be “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on the user’s computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user’s convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser’s memory only for the duration of your session; they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
Shred-X may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise the user’s current visit to our websites. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If the user does not want to accept cookies, they can adjust their Internet browser to reject cookies or to be notified when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS COOKIES
GOOGLE ADWORDS’ REMARKETING
Accurate and up-to-date information
Security of your personal information
Dealing with unsolicited information
Access to your personal information
Anonymity when dealing with Shred-X
Cross border disclosure
Collecting sensitive information
Privacy contact details
All information about privacy issues can be forwarded to:
Shred-X Pty Ltd