With its roots firmly planted in sustainability, Shred-X is committed to minimising environmental damage.
Our focus on protecting Australia’s natural resources means that destroying your documents or materials won’t cost the earth – in both a literal and financial sense.
In fact, Shred-X operations were born from the paper recovery industry. Our sister company, Australian Paper Recycling, functioned as an agent for the Amcor Paper Mill in Brisbane. By adopting their techniques, equipment and culture relating to paper recovery, Shred-X is now able to recover 98.5% of the material we collect, which is then used to make washroom paper products and recycled office paper.
Managing Our Footprint
Despite doing everything we can to protect the environment, Shred-X is aware of our own footprint, which encompasses a fleet of over 100 trucks and 30,000 tonnes of paper being shredded each year.
Our Environmental Policy and Paper Recycling Services reflect Shred-X’s ongoing commitment to improving the sustainability of the business, while also ensuring our services remain as affordable as ever.
Taking Responsibility for the Environment
We offer Secure Destruction Services with environmental accountability, allowing us to achieve the following:
- Lowering waste disposal
- Reducing air, water and land pollution
- Extending the life of landfills
- Creating an authentic and positive public image
- Certification of your contribution to saving the environment
- Setting a goal of reducing emissions by 30% over the next 3 years
- Ensuring all destroyed assets are recycled in accordance with international environmental and ethical specifications
- For every tonne of paper recovered by Shred-X, 2.48 tonnes of CO2e is prevented from ending up in landfill.
If you’d like more information about our policies and practices, simply get in touch.