Can you keep a secret?
Privacy protection is one the most controversial and most talked about business practices by the media and it has become increasingly important for all Australians. The privacy laws affect all of us at work and in the home.
Protecting your client's and staff's business and personal information is not just a law - it is excellent business practice. Just imagine your client's sensitive information becoming public knowledge through careless binning of files or meeting notes in a general waste bin.
Not only do you breach the law but your customer relations and your company's reputation is tarnished forever.
Your obligation under the PRIVACY ACT 1988 is that you retain no personal or business information longer than you need it (unless required by law). You should shred, pulp or destroy paper and place all material in a lockable security container and securely erase any electronic records or files from your computer system to ensure it cannot be retrieved. At Shred-X we have made a science of document destruction, we lead the industry with secure systems and customised programs for businesses throughout Australia.
- Be securely tracked when stored and not misplaced
- Be protected from loss or unlawful destruction
- Not be used without consent of the individual (by yourself of anyone else)
- Be destroyed when no longer required
10 Reasons why Shred-X is the best
- Peace of mind. Shred-X Destruction processes are of the highest standard.
- Environmental. At least 98.5% of all paper destroyed by Shred-X is recycled.
- Security. Checked and police bonded staff.
- Transportation. Shred-X vehicles are specially designed, tested and GPS tracked.
- State-of-the-art destruction. Facilities are purpose built for maximum security and monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Service. Tailored to suit you, starting from weekly through to 3 monthly or longer if you wish.
- Not just paper. Shred-X can destroy items such as CD’s, DVD’s X-Rays and any other item you require.
- Knowledge. As a founding member of (NAID) (the National Association of Information Destruction in Australasia) Shred-X can offer you the latest news and technology in the world of document destruction.
- Secure containers. They are easy to manoeuvre, locked and come in a range of sizes to accommodate your needs.
- Cost competitive. Up to 30% cheaper than if you were to use an in house shredder.